HP dvd940e Super Multi DVD Writer
High-speed external drive with DVD±R/±RW and DVD-RAM read/write,
±R double-layer capability, and LightScribe direct disc labeling
HP’s super multi drive offers high speeds and double-layer DVD,¹
and it’s LightScribe Version 1.2-ready for high-contrast LightScribe
labeling.² It lets users easily preserve, edit and share up to 8.5 GB
of video, photos, and multimedia presentations on one double-layer
disc – and quickly store, back up and transport files on DVDs and
CDs. The dvd940e records double-layer DVDs at up to 8X, recordable
DVDs at up to 18X, rewritable DVDs at up to 8X, and DVD-RAM at
up to 12X.
LightScribe is the innovative new disc-labeling system that gives
CDs and DVDs a neat, professional look without ink, pens, or paper
labels. With LightScribe, you simply burn your data, flip the disc
over, and burn a precise, silkscreen-like label directly onto your
LightScribe CD or DVD.
Compatible and versatile
• Record to all major formats on one drive: ±R/±RW, DVD-RAM,
CD-R/RW, and LightScribe.
• Enjoy excellent playback compatibility on DVD drives and players.
• Record hours of video onto DVD with your PC, then play it back
in your living room.
• Record and back up critical files on DVD-RAM.
The hottest technologies
• Get the latest optical storage features in the HP dvd940e.
• Burn discs at high speeds.
• Record to single- or double-layer DVDs, and now to DVD-RAM.
• Burn labels directly to disc with the latest LightScribe technology.²
LightScribe direct disc labeling
• LightScribe is artistic: Create beautiful labels and burn them directly
to your LightScribe discs.
• LightScribe is easy: Just burn your CD or DVD, then flip the disc
over and burn a label.
• LightScribe can’t peel off, get stuck, or cause disc damage the way
paper labels can.
• LightScribe direct disc labeling means no pens, no ink, no printer
and no sticky labels.
Creative, fun and robust
• Full software suite included—edit video, organize photos, create
slideshows, back up music and data, create personalized label
designs, and more.
• Surprise your family and friends with slideshows and home
movies, digitally preserved on DVD or CD, beautifully labeled with
your own personal touch and ready for playback.
• Rely on HP’s high-quality testing standards for compatibility
and quality results.
LightScribe labeling requires LightScribe media.
Also compatible with single-layer DVDs. Storing 8.5 GB on one DVD requires double-layer media, sold separately.