ELECTRIC CHAIN SAW
BEFORE OPERATING SAW
1. Read and understand this owner’s
manual before operating chain saw.
2. Watch what you are doing. Use com-
mon sense. Do not operate saw when
you are tired.
3. Use chain saw for cutting wood only.
Do not use chain saw for purpose not
intended. Do not use for cutting plas-
tic, masonry, etc.
4. Only well-instructed adults should op-
erate chain saw. Never allow children
to operate chain saw.
5. Use only electrical voltage noted on
model plate of chain saw.
6. Use only extension cords marked for
outdoor use. See page 8 for extension
7. Do not operate chain saw
• while under the inﬂuence of alcohol,
medication, or drugs
• in rain or in damp or wet areas
• where highly ﬂammable liquids or
gases are present
• if saw is damaged, adjusted wrong,
or not fully and securely assembled
• if trigger does not turn saw on and off.
Chain must stop moving when you
release trigger. Have faulty switch
replaced by authorized service center.
• while in a hurry
• while in tree or on a ladder unless
trained to do so
8. Wear snug-ﬁtting clothes when oper-
ating chain saw. Do not wear loose
clothing or jewelry. They can get caught
in moving saw chain.
Make certain you read and un-
pages 2 and 3. Improper use of
this chain saw can cause severe
injury or death from ﬁre, electri-
cal shock, body contact with
moving chain, or falling wood.
9. Wear the following safety gear when
operating chain saw.
• heavy-duty gloves (wear rubber
gloves when working outdoors)
• steel-toed safety footwear with non-
• eye protection such as safety glasses,
goggles, or face screen
• safety hard hat
• ear mufﬂers or ear plugs
• hair covering to contain long hair
• face or dust mask (if working in dusty
10. Before cutting, always provide the
• clear work area
• secure footing
• planned retreat path from falling tree
11. Inspect tree before cutting down. Make
sure there are no dead limbs or branches
that may fall on you.
12. To reduce the risk of electric shock, this
saw has a polarized plug (one blade is
wider than the other). This plug will fit
in a polarized outlet only one way. If
the plug does not fit fully in the outlet
of your extension cord, reverse the
plug. If it still does not fit, a polarized
extension cord will be necessary. Do
not change the plug in any way.
WHILE OPERATING SAW
1. Stay alert. Use common sense while
operating chain saw.
2. Keep work area clean. Cluttered areas
3. Be aware of extension cord while op-
erating chain saw. Be careful not to trip
over cord. Keep cord away from chain
and operator at all times.
4. Keep children, animals, and bystand-
ers away from chain saw and extension
cord. Only chain saw user should be in
5. Do not cut down a tree unless you are
trained or have expert help.
6. If two or more persons perform buck-
ing and felling operations at the same
time, provide plenty of distance between
operations. Provide distance of at least
twice the height of tree being felled.
7. Secure wood you are cutting by using
clamps or chocks.
8. Grip chain saw ﬁrmly with both hands.
Never operate chain saw with one hand.
Never use hand guard as handle.
9. Keep ﬁnger off trigger until ready to
10. Before starting chain saw, make sure
chain is not touching anything.
11. To guard against electrical shock, avoid
body contact with grounded objects
such as pipes, fences, and metal posts.
12. Keep all parts of body away from chain
when saw is running.
13. Do not force chain saw while cutting.
Apply light pressure. It will do the job
better and safer at the rate for which it
14. Cut small brush and saplings with ex-
treme care. Slender material may catch
in chain and be whipped toward you.
This could also pull you off balance.
15. When cutting limb or tree trunk that is
under tension, use extreme caution. Be
alert for wood springing back. When
wood tension is released, limb could
spring back and strike operator caus-
ing severe injury or death.
16. Carry chain saw from one place to an-
• with saw stopped and unplugged
• by holding front handle (never use
hand guard as handle)
• with ﬁnger off trigger
• with guide bar and chain to rear