7212V 3/4” Offset Jamb Mount Top Pivot
Improper pivot set installation can lead to personal injury or property damage. Follow
all instructions carefully. For questions contact Technical Support at 1-888-371-7331.
1. Prepare and mortise top of door and side jamb to receive pivot set. Determine pivot location
using dimensions on reverse side. The pivots are handed. To determine hand of door and
proper pivot position, see diagrams above.
2. Locate, drill, and tap 1/4-20 mounting holes for metal door or metal frame. Locate and drill
pilot holes for #14 wood screws for wood door or wood frame. Install pivot leafs with
1/4-20 x 3/4” FHMS or #14 FHWS screws provided.
3. Loosen set screw in pin leaf with 3/32” Allen wrench provided and remove pivot pin.
4. With door in open position (about 90° to jamb), carefully fit door onto bottom pivot at a slight
angle. Tip door into vertical position, aligning top pivot leafs in door and jamb. With pivot
leafs aligned, insert pivot pin into pivot set. Vertically align groove in pivot pin with set
screw in pivot leaf. Tighten set screw securely with 3/32” Allen wrench.
5. To remove door from jamb: Use 3/32” Allen wrench to loosen set screw in door pivot leaf.
Pull pivot pin out of pivots. Door can now be removed from opening.
installation Left hand
31582 Rev. 4 © 2006 Ingersoll-Rand Company Limited