Bottom Center Pivot
Improper pivot set installation can lead to personal injury or property damage. Follow
all instructions carefully. For questions contact Technical Support at 1-888-371-7331.
1. Prepare and mortise bottom of door and floor to receive pivot set. Determine pivot location
using dimensions on reverse side. Depth of mortise in the bottom of door will determine
clearance. Be sure to properly locate and mark pivot center point of the base plate.
2. Locate, drill, and tap 1/4-20 mounting holes for metal door. Locate and drill pilot holes for #14
wood screws for wood door. Mount door leaf in bottom of door with 1/4-20 x 3/4” FHMS or #14
FHWS screws provided.
3. Locate, drill, and tap mounting holes for jamb base plate. Pivot point of top pivot set must
be plumb with bottom pivot point. Attach jamb base to side jamb with mounting screws
provided. Tighten securely.
4. If using a threshold, install threshold at this time.
5. Install top pivot set and hang door. Refer to top pivot set instructions.
6. If vertical height adjustment is necessary, use shims between door bottom and pivot leaf to
increase clearance. To decrease clearance, mortise in door must be made deeper.
26631 Rev. 4 © 2006 Ingersoll-Rand Company Limited