If a fault occurs,first check the points listed below before taking the set for
If you are unable to solve a problem by following these hints,consult your
dealer or service center.
Sound skips during playback on my KEY player
– Compression level of your WMA or MP3 files may be different from the
supported format of your player.Please see page 25 for details.
• Use a lower compression level to record your file into MP3 format.
– Data corrupted during file transfer.
• Repeat file transfer and follow all screen instructions properly.Make sure
you only unplug the player when the orange indicator stops blinking!
USB does not seem to work
– Connections loose/ incorrect.
• Check player is securely connected and connections to your computer
– Wrong Windows version.
• Your computer must be equipped with Windows 98 or better (see
– USB driver not installed.
• For Windows 98 users only,check you have installed the USB driver
provided from the installation CD-ROM (See page 10-11).
– Electrostatic discharge.
• Adjust the function switch to OFF/ CHARGEposition, and then
adjust to the PLAYBACK/ DOWNLOAD position to reset the
Do not dismantle the unit as there is a risk of electric shock! Under no
circumstances should you try to repair the set yourself,as this will invalidate the
KEY003-6-ENG 9/3/03 12:11 PM Page 22