THINGS YOU OUGHT TO KNOW
WHEN YOUR REFRIGERATOR IS INSTALLED
Inspect for shipping damage. If unit is damaged or parts are missing, notify your Absocold dealer at once.
Remove all packing material and tape. Install on a level floor or well-supported counter. Avoid any direct sunlight, heat source, or moisture. This
refrigerator is designed to befreestanding
— that is, the appliance is to be installed at least 1½” from the wall and the cabinet bottom is at least ¾” to 1” above
the floor or carpet, in order to let the air circulate freely around the refrigerator. If this appliance isrecessed
or otherwise enclosed to restrict airflow,
then all warranties stated herein are null and void.
120 volts, 60 Hz.
(for 120-volt models only)
Must be grounded. Uses 110-120 volts, 60 Hz.
(60 cycles A.C.) Do not use extension cord. Use three-prong plug, with three-prong grounded wall outlet.
Unless the above grounding method is followed, you are not protected against severe or lethal shock, in the event of a short circuit of an electrical
component or wiring of refrigerator.
Should you unplug refrigerator, allow at least three minutes before restarting in order to allow the start relay to function properly.
USE AND CARE INFORMATION
• TIPS ON EVERYDAY USE AND CARETO CONTROL TEMPERATURE
At first, set the refrigerator and the freezer temperature controls on MED. Wait 24 hours for the entire cabinet to cool, then adjust controls if needed.
Setting to MIN is warmest.
Ice cream is the best check of freezer temperature. When ice cream is hard to serve, the freezer is colder than needed.
Never turn Cold Control to OFF unless both compartments are empty.
Vacuum the tubing on the outside back when dusty.
Any time you won’t be using your refrigerator regularly, such as during vacation, empty and unplug it. Clean inside and block doors open.FOR ALL CLEANING
: Mix 2 tablespoons baking soda or mild soap with 1 quart warm water. No strong cleaners, scouring powder or pads should be
used. Do not put the defrost tray in the dishwasher. Vacuum the tubing on outside back when dusty.
• THINGS TO REMEMBER
1. Allow 24 hours for your refrigerator to reach a new temperature setting.
2. The motor will start and stop often. It must do so in order to maintain the temperature you select.
3. Keep your refrigerator reasonably level.
4. Unplug refrigerator before doing anything with its electrical system (even changing a light bulb).
• BEFORE CALLING FOR SERVICE
Check plug and outlet. Test outlet with lamp or other device. Be sure control is on. Read all Use & Care Information. Your questions may be answered.
If not, find your model number (on upper back of refrigerator or inside the refrigerator affixed to the inner liner surface on the right-hand side). Refer your
model number and the problem to Absocold Corporation at (800) 843-3714 or (765) 935-7501.
DANGER—ELECTRICAL SHOCK HAZARD. Disconnect power before servicing.
• Your refrigerator should be connected directly to a grounded electrical wall outlet. No extension cords, multi-connection bars, etc. should be used.
• In case of prolonged power outage or an electrical disconnect of any type, please check your refrigerator for spoiled food.
ENERGY SAVING TIPS - WAYS TO SAVE POWER, SAVE MONEY, AND STILL ENJOY YOUR REFRIGERATOR
• Reduce door openings.
• Close the door as soon as you can.
• Keep coils on back of the refrigerator clean.
• Adjust temperature control to warmer setting when practical.
• Don’t put hot foods in refrigerator.
• Keep your refrigerator away from stoves and other heat sources.