Panasonic Electric Works Fire & Security Technology Europe AB
Citadellsvägen 23, SE-211 18 Malmö, Sweden
Tel: +46 (0)40 697 70 00 • Fax : +46 (0)40 697 70 99
firstname.lastname@example.org • www.panasonic-fire-security.com
Fire alarm system
1548, 1549 and 1550
• EBL512 -- an intelligent analog addressable fire alarm system
• Up to 512 addresses per control and indicating equipment (c.i.e.)
• TLON network for up to 30 c.i.e.:s
Analog addressable system
EBL512 is an intelligent analog addressable
fire alarm system, conforming to the EN54-2
and –4 standards.
Features / functions
The fire alarm system EBL512 meets the
most stringent requirements relating to fire
detection and alarm.
A user-friendly PC software Win512 is used
for site specific data editing, download,
backup and SW download.
Some features / functions:
• Adaptation of each analog detector's
alarm level in relation to its contamina-
tion. Service signal when required.
• Algorithms for filtering and alarm, to
reduce nuisance alarms. Algorithm for
faster detection of smouldering fires.
• Functions, customer related: Test mode,
alert annunciation, disablements, etc.
• Functions: Fire door closing, inter-
locking combinations of outputs &
inputs, time channels, alarm delay, two-
unit dependence, user definable text
message for each alarm point, etc.
• Programmable inputs and outputs and
a large number of trigger conditions.
• Expansion boards (options) with zone
line inputs or relay outputs.
• Interface (option) for ext. Fire brigade
panels, alert annunciation units, data
Up to 512 addresses
EBL512 has the capacity of connecting 512
addresses. Basic configurations 128, 256 or
512 addresses. Can be upgraded on site.
Each c.i.e. has four COM loops for
connection of up to 512 loop units. Each
addressable loop unit uses one address.
Some loop units that can be connected:
• Analog detectors (sensors)
• Addressable manual call points
• Addressable short circuit isolators
• Addressable input and output units
• Addressable sirens & sounder bases
• Addressable external power supply units
• Conventional detectors and manual call
Up to 30 EBL512 c.i.e.:s can be connected
to a TLON network. A TLON connection
board 1590 is then required in each c.i.e.
EBL512 has space in the cabinet for two
sealed Lead Acid 24 (27) Ah batteries.
In each c.i.e. can be mounted up to six
expansion boards 1580-1587. The ext. FBPs
182x and the Alert Annunciation units 173x,
shall be connected via a 1587 board.
One Web-server II 1598 (option) connects
the EBL512 system to Internet / an Intranet