21Care and Cleaning
First, unplug the power cord plug from the wall outlet.
The front of the display panel has been specially treated. Wipe the panel surface gently using only a cleaning
cloth or a soft, lint-free cloth.
If the surface is particularly dirty after cleaning up the dust, soak a soft, lint-free cloth in diluted, mild liquid
dish soap (1 part mild liquid dish soap diluted by 100 times the amount of water), and then wring the cloth to
remove excess liquid. Use this cloth to wipe the surface of the display panel, then wipe it evenly with a dry
cloth of the same type until the surface is dry.
Do not scratch or hit the surface of the panel with fingernails or other hard objects. Furthermore, avoid
contact with volatile substances such as insect sprays, solvents, and thinner; otherwise, the quality of the
surface may be adversely affected.
If the cabinet becomes dirty, wipe it with a soft, dry cloth.
If the cabinet is particularly dirty, soak the cloth in diluted, mild liquid dish soap and then wring the cloth dry.
Use this cloth to wipe the cabinet and then wipe it dry with a dry cloth.
Do not allow any mild liquid dish soap to come into direct contact with the surface of the TV.
If water droplets get inside the unit, operating problems may result.
Avoid contact with volatile substances such as insect sprays, solvents, and thinner; otherwise, the quality of
the cabinet surface may be adversely affected or the coating may peel off.
Do not let articles made from rubber or PVC be in contact with the TV for long periods of time.
Wipe the surfaces with a soft, dry cloth. If the unit is particularly dirty, clean it using a cloth soaked with water
to which a small amount of mild liquid dish soap has been added and then wipe with a dry cloth.
Do not use products such as solvents, thinner, or household wax for cleaning, as they can damage the
Note: If using a chemically-treated cloth, follow the instructions supplied with the cloth.
Do not attach sticky tape or labels, as they can make the surface of the pedestal dirty. Do not allow long-
term contact with rubber, vinyl products, or the like. (Doing so will cause deterioration.)
Power cord plug
Wipe the plug with a dry cloth at regular intervals.
Note: Moisture and dust can lead to fire or electrical shock.