3Important Safety Instructions
1) Read these instructions.
2) Keep these instructions.
3) Heed all warnings.
4) Follow all instructions.
5) Do not use this apparatus near
6) Clean only with a dry cloth.
7) Do not block any ventilation
openings. Install in accordance with
the manufacturer’s instructions.
8) Do not install near any heat
sources such as radiators,
heat registers, stoves, or other
apparatus (including amplifiers)
that produce heat.
9) Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or
grounding type plug. Apolarized plug has two blades
withone wider than the other. A grounding type plug has
two blades and a third grounding
prong. The wide blade or the third
prong are provided for your safety.
If the provided plug does not fit into
your outlet, consult an electrician
for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
10) Protect the power cord from being
walked on or pinched, particularly at
plugs, convenience receptacles, and
the point where it exits the apparatus.
11) Only use attachments/accessories specified by the
12) Use only with the cart, stand, tripod,
bracket, or table specified by the
manufacturer, or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use
caution when moving the cart/apparatus
combination to avoid injury from tip-over.
13) Unplug this apparatus during
lightning storms or when
unused for long periods
14) Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel.
Servicing is required when the apparatus has been
damaged in any way, such as powersupply
cord or plug is damaged, liquid has
been spilled or objects have fallen into
the apparatus, the apparatus has been
exposed to rain ormoisture, doe s not
operate normally, or has been dropped.
15) CAUTION: To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not
usethe polarized plug with an extension cord, recept acle,
or other outlet unless the blades can be inserted
completely to prevent blade exposure.
Wide plugInstallation, Care, and Service
Follow these recommendations and precautions and heed
all warnings when installing your TV:
16) Never modify this equipment. Changes or modifications
may void: a) the warranty, and b) the user’s authority to
operate this equipment under the rules of the Federal
17) DANGER: RIS K OF SERIOUS PER SONAL
INJURY, DEATH, OR EQUIPMENT
DAMAGE! Never place the TV on
an unstable cart, stand, or table. The TV
may fall, causing serious personal injury,
death, or serious damage to the TV.
18) Never place or store the TV in direct
sunlight; hot, humid areas; areas
subject to excessive dust or vibration;
or locations with temperatures at or
below 41°F (5°C).
19) Always place the TV on the floor
or a sturdy, level, stable surface that
can support the weight of the unit.
20) Never place items such as vases,
aquariums, or candles on top of the TV.
21) Never block or cover the slots or
openings in the TV cabinet back,
bottom, and sides. Never place
•on a bed, sofa, rug, or similar
•too close to drapes, curtains,
or walls; or
•in a confined space such as a
bookcase, built-in cabinet, or any
other place with poor ventilation.
The slots and openings are provided
to protect the TV from overheating
and to help maintain reliable
operation of the TV.
22) Never allow anything to rest on or roll over the power
cord, and never place the TV where the power cord is
subject to wear or abuse.
23) Never overload wall outlets and
3M12701A-E P02-07 5/2/04, 10:023