Avoid fire hazard or electric
shock. Do not use an extension cord or an
adaptor plug. Do not remove any prong from
the power cord.
Grounding type wall
Do not, under any
remove, or bypass the
Power supply cord
with 3-prong grounding
plug and current
Read all instructions before using this air conditioner.
For Your Safety
Do not store or use gasoline or other flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity of this or any
other appliance. Read product labels for flammability and other warnings.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons when using your air conditioner,
follow basic precautions, including the following:
• Be sure the electrical service is adequate for the model you have chosen. This information
can be found on the serial plate, which is located on the side of the cabinet and behind the
• If the air conditioner is to be installed in a window, you will probably want to clean both
sides of the glass first. If the window is a triple-track type with a screen panel included,
remove the screen completely before installation.
• Be sure the air conditioner has been securely and correctly installed according to the
separate installation instructions provided with this manual. Save this manual and the
installation instructions for possible future use in removing or reinstalling this unit.
• When handling the air conditioner, be careful to avoid cuts from sharp metal fins on front
and rear coils.
The complete electrical rating of your new room air conditioner is stated on the serial plate.
Refer to the rating when checking the electrical requirements.
• Be sure the air conditioner is properly grounded. To minimize shock and fire hazards,
proper grounding is important. The power cord is equipped with a three-prong grounding
plug for protection against shock hazards.
• Your air conditioner must be used in a properly grounded wall receptacle. If the wall
receptacle you intend to use is not adequately grounded or protected by a time delay fuse
or circuit breaker, have a qualified electrician install the proper receptacle.
• Do not run air conditioner with outside protective cover in place. This could result in
mechanical damage within the air conditioner.
• Do not use an extension cord or an adapter plug.Important SafetyInstructions
The power supply cord with
this air conditioner contains a current
detection device designed to reduce the risk
Please refer to the section ‘Operation of
Current Device’ for details.
In the event that the power supply cord is
damaged, it cannot be repaired-it must be
replaced with a cord from the Product
Manufacturer.Operation of CurrentDevice
The power supply cord contains a current device that senses damage to the power cord. To test your
power supply cord do the following:
1. Plug in the Air Conditioner.
2. The power supply cord will have TWO buttons on the plug head. Press the TEST button. You will
notice a click as the RESET button pops out.
3. Press the RESET button. Again you will notice a click as the button engages.
4. The power supply cord is now supplying electricity to the unit. (On some products this is also indi-
cated by a light on the plug head).
NOTE: Some plugs have
buttons on the top.
• Do not use this device to turn the unit on or off.
• Always make sure the RESET button is pushed in for correct operation.
• The power supply cord must be replaced if it fails to reset when either the TEST button is pushed, or
it cannot be reset. A new one can be obtained from the product manufacturer.
• If power supply cord is damaged, it CANNOT be repaired. It MUST be replaced by one obtained from
the product manufacturer.
Plug in &