© 2005 Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.
Printed in JapanDear Customer
Thank you for purchasing this product.
Before connecting, operating or adjusting this product, please read the instructions
completely. Please keep this manual for future reference.
This unit is not waterproof and should not be exposed to excessive moisture
SD Audio PlayerSV-SD90
Panasonic Consumer Electronics Company,
Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America
One Panasonic Way Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
Panasonic Puerto Rico, Inc.
Ave. 65 de Infantería, Km. 9.5 San Gabriel Industrial Park, Carolina, Puerto Rico 00985
Panasonic Canada Inc.
5770 Ambler Drive, Mississauga, Ontario L4W 2T3
The socket outlet shall be installed near the equipment and easily accessible or the
mains plug or an appliance coupler shall remain readily operable.
Marking sign is located on bottom of the unit.
This manual was printed
with soy based ink.
A nickel metal hydride battery that is
recyclable powers the product you have
purchased. Please call 1-800-8-
BATTERY for information on how to
recycle this battery.
The model number and serial number of this product can be found on either the
back or the bottom of the unit.
Please note them in the space provided below and keep for future reference.
MODEL NUMBER SV-SD90
DATE OF PURCHASE
TELEPHONE NUMBERSupplied accessories
(As of June 2005)Location of CD-ROMin the package
Rechargeable battery with case —1pc
hydride rechargeable battery)
AC adaptor (RFA2693)—1pc
USB Cable(K1HA08CD0004) —1pc
Use numbers indicated in parentheses when
asking for replacement parts.
For the U.S.A:To order accessories, refer to
“Accessory Purchases” on page 6.
SD-Jukebox Ver. 5.0 LE
SD-Jukebox is an application for recording and managing music from audio CDs on
your computer. SD-Jukebox also enables you to "check out" recorded tracks to SD
Memory Cards so you can enjoy the music on SD Audio players or other SD devices.SD-Jukebox Features
Do not connect this unit to the computer until SD-Jukebox has finished installing.
1 Turn on the computer and start Windows.
2 Insert the included CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
• The installer program starts automatically.
• Follow the on-screen instructions.
3 Click “Finish”.
Choose “restart”. The computer automatically restarts. The installation is
If the installer program does not start automatically on your computer, follow
1 From the Windows “start” menu, choose “Run”.
2 Type “#:\autorun.exe” and click on “OK”.
• Follow the on-screen instructions.
• #: The ID of the CD-ROM drive that you inserted the CD-ROM into.
• You can use upper or lower case letters in this step.Installing SD-Jukebox
The operating instructions for SD-Jukebox are installed along with the
application as a PDF.Using the PDF Operating Instructions for SD-Jukebox
SD-Jukebox incorporates copyright protection technology with encryption to
support musicians and the music industry and protect the rights of lawful
owners. Thus, the following restrictions apply when using SD-Jukebox.
• SD-Jukebox records audio data in an encrypted form on your computer's
hard disk. Encrypted music cannot be used if you move or copy the files to
other folders, drives, or computers.
• Unique identification specific to your processor and hard disk is used for
encryption. Thus, if you replace the processor or hard disk, previous audio
data may no longer be available.
• Recording and operating problems may occur on some computer systems.
Please note that Panasonic and Panasonic dealers cannot be held liable for any lost audio
data or other direct or indirect damage except in cases of intentional or gross negligence.
• MultiMediaCards (MMC) are not supported by SD-Jukebox.
• CDs without the logo are not supported for playback or recording with
• The serial number that you need to input when installing the software
is indicated on the CD-ROM package. Please keep this in a safe place
for future reference.
the music from
to an SD
unit to your
music to your
• The CD-ROM is included with other accessories. (→page 1)
SD Memory Card
• This unit supports SD Memory Cards and miniSD™ Card (miniSD™ card
requires miniSD™ card adaptor) formatted in a FAT12 file system or a
FAT16 file system based on SD Memory Card specifications.
• You can use SD Memory Cards with the following capacities in this unit.
(Panasonic cards are recommended.)
8 MB, 16 MB, 32 MB, 64 MB, 128 MB,
256 MB, 512 MB, and 1 GB (maximum)
• Useable memory is slightly less than the card capacity.
• Please confirm the latest information on the following website:
http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/cs (This site is in English only)
• Standard recording times
:SD AUDIO (→above, PDF Operating Instructions for SD-Jukebox)
(SD-Jukebox Ver.5.0 LE)