Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc.
Storage Device Division
9740 Irvine Boulevard, Irvine, California 92618
What does my limited warranty cover?
Toshiba America Information Systems, Inc. (“Toshiba”) warrants the Toshiba Storage Product
(“Product”) you have purchased from Toshiba or from a Toshiba authorized dealer is free
from defects in materials or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period.
This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser and cannot be transferred to
anyone. This limited warranty applies only to Products that are in cartons which are
unopened on the date of purchase. During the warranty period, Toshiba will, at its option,
repair or replace defective parts with new parts or with reconditioned parts. Reconditioned
parts will be equivalent or superior in performance to new parts. Either your sales receipt or
proof of purchase is required to receive warranty service.
How long is my limited warranty coverage?
Product Free parts, labor
2.5" Hard Disk Drives 3 years
1.8" Hard Disk Drives 1 year
DVD-ROM Drives 1 year
DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drives 1 year
DVD-RAM Drives 1 year
Where is this limited warranty valid?
This limited warranty is valid only within the United States and Puerto Rico.
What is not covered by this limited warranty?
• Damage caused by improper installation or improper connection to a peripheral (printer,
• Damage caused by an external electrical fault or an accident
• Damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect or improper maintenance
• Damage from use outside usage or storage parameters set forth in the product User’s Guide
• Damage from use of parts not manufactured or sold by Toshiba
• Damage to or loss of any programs, data or removable storage media, or costs of recover-
ing such programs or data
• Software or data loss that may occur during repair or replacement
• Product purchased from anyone other than Toshiba or a Toshiba authorized dealer
• Product purchased outside the United States and Puerto Rico
• Modifications to product not approved in writing by Toshiba
• Service made necessary by use of incompatible third party products
• Routine cleaning, or normal cosmetic and mechanical wear
• Damage or loss during transit to Authorized Service Partner
Toshiba’s sole obligations with respect to software distributed under the Toshiba brand name
are set forth in the applicable end-user license agreement. Unless otherwise stated in writing,
non-Toshiba software is provided on an “as is” basis by Toshiba.
Any service or repair for items not covered by this limited warranty shall be at Toshiba’s or
its Authorized Service Partner’s rates and terms then in effect.
How do I obtain warranty service?
In order to obtain warranty service, please contact Toshiba’s authorized service center.
Details on contacting Toshiba’s authorized service center can be found at