In general, you will have the best performance by keeping
your CDs, cassette tapes and the mechanism clean.
• Store CDs and cassette tapes in their cases, and keep
them in cabinets or on shelves.
• Keep the CD disc tray, and the cassette tapes tray
closed when not in use.
• Only CDs bearing this mark can be
used with this system. However,
continued use of irregular shape
CDs (e.g. heart shape, octagonal)
can damage the system.
• Remove the CD from its case by
holding it at the edge while
pressing the center hole lightly.
• Do not touch the shiny surface of
the disc, or bend the CD.
• Put the CD back in its case after
use to prevent warping.
• Be careful not to scratch the
surface of the CD when placing it
back in its case.
• Avoid exposure to direct sunlight,
temperature extremes, and
• To clean the CD
Wipe the CD with a soft cloth in a
straight line from center to edge.
DO NOT use any solvent — such as conventional
record cleaner, spray, thinner, or benzine — to
clean the CD.
Maintenance and Additional Information
EN29-32.UX-G6[A]/2 99.12.14, 15:3529