Before you start01
Before you start
Checking what’s in the box
Please check that you’ve received the following
• Setup microphone
• Remote control unit
• Dry cell batteries (AA size IEC R6) x2
• AM loop antenna
• FM wire antenna
• These operating instructions
Loading the batteries
Incorrect use of batteries may result in such
hazards as leakage and bursting. Observe the
• Never use new and old batteries together.
• Insert the plus and minus sides of the
batteries properly according to the marks
in the battery case.
• Batteries with the same shape may have
different voltages. Do not use different
• When disposing of used batteries, please
comply with governmental regulations or
environmental public instruction’s rules
that apply in your country or area.
• Do not use or store batteries in direct
sunlight or other excessively hot place,
such as inside a car or near a heater. This
can cause batteries to leak, overheat,
explode or catch fire. It can also reduce the
life or performance of batteries.
Installing the receiver
•When installing this unit, make sure to put
it on a level and stable surface.
Don’t install it on the following places:
– on a color TV (the screen may distort)
– near a cassette deck (or close to a device that
gives off a magnetic field). This may interfere
with the sound.
– in direct sunlight
– in damp or wet areas
– in extremely hot or cold areas
– in places where there is vibration or other
– in places that are very dusty
– in places that have hot fumes or oils (such as
When installing this unit, make sure to leave
space around the unit for ventilation to
improve heat dispersal (at least 20 cm (8 in.) at
the top). If not enough space is provided
between the unit and walls or other equipment,
heat will build up inside, interfering with
performance and/or causing malfunctions.
Slot and openings in the cabinet are provided
for ventilation and to protect the equipment
from overheating. To prevent fire hazard, do not
place anything directly on top of the unit, make
sure the openings are never blocked or covered
with items (such as newspapers, table-cloths
and curtains), and do not operate the
equipment on thick carpet or a bed.
20 cm (8 inches)
VSX_918_818_KU.book 6 ページ ２００７年１１月２８日 水曜日 午後６時５８分