7215PT, 7226PT, and 7227PT
3/4”Offset Intermediate Power Transfer Pivot
Improper pivot set installation can lead to personal injury or property damage. Follow
all instructions carefully. For questions contact Technical Support at 1-888-371-7331.
1. Prepare and mortise hinge stile of door and hinge side jamb to receive pivot set. Determine
pivot location using dimensions reverse side. The pivots are handed and must match hand
of door. To determine hand of door and proper pivot position, see diagrams above. Install top
and bottom pivot sets before installing intermediate pivot set.
2. Locate, drill, and tap 1/4-20 mounting holes for metal door or metal frame. Locate and drill pilot
holes for #14 wood screws for wood door or wood frame. Drill and deburr 1/2” dia. wiring access
holes. Be sure door is installed on top and bottom pivots and swings freely before proceeding.
3. Do not separate pivot leafs. Pivot must be installed assembled. Disassembling pivot leafs
will void the warranty.
4. Open door about 90°. Check to make sure that pivot fits freely into door and frame preps. To
avoid serious damage and/or shortened life, do not force pivot into prep.
5. Attach wires per project wiring diagrams. Make wire connections with appropriate crimp splices
or wire nuts. Staggering the terminations for easier insertion of wires through the access hole
in frame. Insulate ends of all unused wires. After all connections are completed, carefully fit
wires through access hole in frame, making sure that wires will not be cut or pinched.
6. Install pivot leafs to door and frame with 1/4-20 x 3/4” FHMS or #14 FHWS screws provided.
right hand opposite
27070 Rev. 3 © 2006 Ingersoll-Rand Company Limited