© 1997 Whirlpool Corporation
Cooking Products Service Manual
Original March, 1997 4322167
Page 2-23REMOVING THE STIRRER MOTOR
Personal Injury Hazard
Disconnect from the electrical supply be-
fore servicing the unit. Failure to do so
could result in death or electrical shock.
2. Remove the microwave oven from its
mounting location (see page 2-2).
3. Remove the vent grille and cabinet from
the microwave oven (see the illustration
on page 2-3).
4. Remove the five screws from the air duct
and lift the duct just enough to access the
stirrer motor, then unplug the connector
from the stirrer motor terminals.
5. Remove the two mounting screws from
the stirrer motor, lift the motor straight up
so that the shaft is free of the stirrer
blade, and remove the motor.
6. Install the new stirrer motor so the motor
shaft fits into the hole of the rectangular
pivot on the stirrer blade, and secure the
motor to its mounting location.
7. To access the stirrer blade, unsnap the
two fasteners from the top cover inside
the oven cavity, and lower the cover and
the stirrer blade. NOTE: When you reas-
semble the cover and stirrer blade, make
sure that you position the blade with the
“TOP” marking facing up.
8. Reassemble the microwave oven.
AIR DUCT SCREWS
1. Disconnect the electrical supply to the