© 1997 Whirlpool Corporation
Cooking Products Service Manual
Original March, 1997 4322167
Page 2-11REMOVING THE MAGNETRON THERMAL FUSE
Personal Injury Hazard
Disconnect from the electrical supply be-
fore servicing the unit. Failure to do so
could result in death or electrical shock.
1. Disconnect the electrical supply to the
2. Remove the microwave oven from its
mounting location (see page 2-2).
3. Remove the vent grille and cabinet from
the microwave oven (see the illustration
on page 2-3).
4. Unplug the line cord connector and re-
move the line cord.
5. Unplug the connector from the terminals
of the fan motor.
6. Remove the five screws from the air duct.
7. Lift the air duct and position it so that you
can access the magnetron thermal fuse,
then remove the mounting screw, and
unplug the connectors from its terminals.
8. Install the new magnetron thermal fuse
on the air duct, and reassemble the mi-
AIR DUCT SCREWS
CORD & FAN MOTOR
OF AIR DUCT
BLACK & RED
THE MAGNETRON THERMAL FUSE
OPENS AT 228˚F & RESETS @ 140˚F.