Refer to the table below to check the condition. If you think that there is a problem, contact the JVC Service Center where you purchased the television.
There is no power
• See if the power cord became unplugged.
• Check for a blown fuse or circuit breaker or a power outage.
There is no picture
• The antenna could be disconnected.
• The tuner could be set improperly. See page 40.
• The TV station may be having difficulties. Check to see if other stations are working.
• Use the HDMI cable with HDMI logo
. See page 46.
• If you have a device connected to
hear any audio from the AUDIO OUT on the back of the TV.
• You cannot output audio using the DIGITAL AUDIO OPTICAL OUTPUT when you have
digital sound from an HDMI device connected to the
connection on the back of the TV.
• This TV can accept 480i (Composite / S / HDMI / Component), 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p
signals. Please check your settings.
Remote control is not
• Check to see that the batteries are still working and properly installed.
operating properly or
• Make sure the remote has a clear sight path to the TV.
• You may be too far from the TV. You must be within 23 feet (7 meters).
The power turns off
• Make sure the set did not become unplugged.
• Perhaps the Auto Shut Off is set. See page 41.
• Check to see if the Sleep Timer was set. See page 39.
It does not operate
• This television is operated by a microprocessor. It is possible that external noise or
interference is causing the problem. If the television does not function correctly, remove the
electrical plug from the wall outlet and wait a while before inserting it into the wall outlet
again and operating the television.
The color quality
• Tint and Color may be improperly adjusted. See page 24.
• The Video Status mode may be turned to the wrong setting. See page 23.
There are lines
• There could be interference from another electrical appliance, such as a computer,
across the picture
another TV or VCR. Move any such appliances further away from the TV.
The picture is spotted
• There could be interference from a
operating nearby. Move the antenna away from the appliance or change to a coaxial
cable connection which is less prone to interference.
There are double
• A building or passing airplane can reflect the original signal and produce a second,
slightly delayed one. Adjust your antenna position.
Picture is snowy
• Your antenna may be damaged, disconnected or turned. Check the antenna
connection. If the antenna is damaged, replace it.