IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLATION -
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK OR PERSONAL
INJURY, OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:
1) Installation and electrical wiring must be done by qualified professionals and in accordance with all
applicable codes and standards, including fire-rated construction.
2) When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, be careful not to damage electrical wiring or other hidden
3) Ducted fans must be vented to the outside.
a) Before servicing or cleaning unit, open the light panel and SWITCH POWER OFF AT SERVICE
b) Clean all grease laden surfaces frequently. To reduce the risk of fire and to disperse air
properly, make sure to vent air outside. DO NOT vent exhaust air into wall spaces, attics, crawl
spaces or garages.
This warranty is invalid without an authorized agent’s receipt or if unit is
damaged due to misuse, poor installation, improper use, mistreatment,
negligence or any other circumstances beyond the control of KOBE
RANGE HOODS authorized agents. Any repair carried out without the
supervision of KOBE RANGE HOODS authorized agents will
automatically void the warranty.
KOBE RANGE HOODS will not be held responsible for any damages to
personal property or real estate or any bodily injuries whether caused
directly or indirectly by the range hood.
: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY IN THE EVENT OF A RANGE
TOP GREASE FIRE:
1. Keep all fan, baffle/spacer/filter/oil tunnel/oil container and grease-laden surfaces clean. Grease
should not be allowed to accumulate on fan, baffle/spacer/filter/oil tunnel/oil container.
2. Always turn hood ON when cooking.
3. Use high settings on cooking range ONLY when necessary.
4. Do not leave cooking range unattended when cooking.
5. Always use cookware and utensils appropriate for the type and amount of food prepared.
6. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
7. Before servicing, switch power off at service panel and lock service panel (if possible) to prevent
power from switching on accidentally.
Clean ventilating fan frequently.