Dual-Deck VCR User’s Guide
8 CONFIRM OR CANCEL
When recording is stopped, the VCR will alert
you that, “The VCR will begin marking commer-
cials in 59 seconds...”
• No action is required to mark the commer-
cials on the recording; simply wait 59 sec-
onds for the confirmation screen to count
• If you are not present for the 59 second
countdown, the VCR will automatically mark
the commercials anyway; e.g., if you set a
Timer Recording or One Touch Recording
and the TV is turned off, the commercials
will still be marked.
• To cancel, press STOP in Deck 1 and the
commercials will not be marked.
9 MARK COMMERCIALS
When the 59 seconds have elapsed, the VCR
will rewind to the start of the recording, and
then search forward and mark groups of com-
• This process takes approximately 15 minutes
for each hour of recorded tape.
• The VCR will stop when finished.
• Rewind the tape and proceed to “Skipping
Commercials” on the following page.MARKING COMMERCIALS
• When you use Timer Recording to record two consecutive shows on the same channel, program each
show separately so that the prologues and epilogues are not automatically skipped.
• COMMERCIAL ADVANCE will only mark recordings longer than 20 minutes.