52 DVD Recorder+VCR User’s GuideOverwriting a Title
To overwrite an existing title with a new
1 Use the CH/ or INPUT keys to
select the source you want to record
(Ch#, AV1, AV2, or DV).
2 Press DISC MENU/LIST to display the
“Title List” menu.
3 Select the title you want to overwrite.
4 Press REC to start overwriting the
• The new recording begins from the
starting point of the selected title.
5 Press STOP to stop the recording.
• The new title is created and the
updated menu is displayed.Previewing a Title List Menu
To view how a “Title List” menu would be
displayed on another DVD player:
1 Insert a DVD+R or DVD+RW disc with
2 Press TITLE during Play mode or Tuner
• The “Title List” menu will appear as
3 To play a title, select it then press
ENTER or PLAY.
• To exit the “Title List” menu, press
STOP.Playing Edited Discs on Other DVD Players
Most regular DVD players can play
ﬁnalized discs recorded in Video mode,
ﬁnalized DVD+R or DVD+RWs. A small
number of players can also play DVD-RW
discs recorded in VR mode, ﬁnalized or
not. To ﬁnalize a disc, see page 30.
• Unﬁnalized DVD+RW discs are play-
able on regular DVD players.
• The edited contents of a DVD+RW
disc are compatible on regular DVD
players only after ﬁnalization.
• Any edited contents of a DVD+R disc
are not compatible on regular DVD
players (e.g., Hide, Combine, Chapter
Editing Options (continued)
• This function is not available if the
title is protected.
• If the new recording is longer than the
overwritten recording, the next title is
overwritten as well. But if the next title
is protected, recording stops at the
starting point of the next title.
• If the selected title is less than 10
seconds, the next title is overwritten.
But if the next title is protected,