21Timer-Link Recording(External Timer Recording)
If the external device such as Cable/Satellite box that
is connected to this unit has the timer reservation
function, this unit can record the input signal from
external device via the timer LINE1 jack.
1. Connect the LINE1 input jacks on this unit to the
AUDIO/VIDEO OUTPUT jack on the external
device using the audio/video cables.
2. Set the timer reservation setting of the external
3. Turn off the external device.
4. Insert a video cassette with the safety tab intact to
this unit. Select the recording speed with remote.
5. Press z (REC) for more than 3 seconds on the
front panel when the unit power is off.
The " " mark will flashes on the display window.
This unit is set to standby mode for Timer-Link
• If the power of the external device is on by the
timer reservation setting, this unit detects the
signals of external device and start the
• If the power of the external device is off during
external timer recording, this unit will be stop
the external timer recording and turns off the
• If the power of the external device is on again,
this unit will be start the external timer record-
• Press x (STOP)to stop recording intentionally
while external timer recording is in progress.
• The external timer record is available only for
the device that is connected with LINE1 jack
on this unit.
• Your external device such as Cable/Satellite
box might keep running Audio/Video signals
through the OUTPUT jack, even if the unit is
powered off. If so, Timer-Link recording
• The external timer record will be set to off
- There is no recordable tape.
- STOPor PAUSE button is pressed while
external timer recording.
- The power of this unit is ON in the external
timer record standby mode.
- When you press the z (REC) for more than
3 seconds again in the external timer record
If the recording time of this unit and the external
device are overlap:
The earlier program takes priority. When the earlier
program finishes, the later program starts.Operation
Timer Link record
Timer Record of this unit