31FAN CONTROLLED DEFROSTING
This main oven function enables you to defrost mos t foods without heat faster than some conventional methods as
the oven fan circulates air around the food. It is particula rly suitable for delicate frozen foods which are to be
served cold e.g. cream filled gateaux, cakes covered with icings or frostings, cheesecakes, biscuits, scones, etc.
USING FAN CONTROLLED DEFROSTING
· Pop out and turn the multifunction selector to Fan
· Wait 5 seconds until your choice is confirm ed.
The temperature will automatically set to 30°C.
THINGS TO NOTE
· The oven fan and oven light will come on
· The cooling fan does not operate.
HINTS AND TIPS
· Place the frozen food in a single layer where
possible and turn it over half way through the
· The actual speed of defrosting is influenced by
room temperature. On warm days defrosting will
be faster than on cooler days.
· It is preferable to thaw fish, meat and poultr y
slowly in the fridge. However, this process can
be accelerated by using the defrost function.
Small or thin fish fillets, frozen peeled prawns,
cubed or minced meat, liver, thin chops, steaks
etc., can be thawed in 1 – 2 hours.
· A 1kg/2¼lb oven ready chicken will be thawed in
approximately 5 hours. Remove the giblets as
soon as possible during the thawing process.
· Joints of meat up to 2kg/4½lb in weight can be
thawed using the defrost function.
· All joints of meat and poultry must be thawed
thoroughly before cooking.
· Always cook thoroughly immediately after
· Do not leave food at room temperature once it is
defrosted. Cook raw food immediately or store
cooked food in the fridge, once it has been
· Care must always be taken when handling foods
in the home. Always follow the basic rules of
food hygiene to prevent bacterial growth and
cross contamination when defrosting, preparing,
cooking, cooling and freezing foods.