48 Room Air Conditioner
Additional gas charging
• When refrigerant is insufficient by leakage, recharge the unit with the refrigerant up to normal oper-
ating suction pressure.
• Use the graph or the equation below to get operating suction pressure according to indoor and out-
Suction pressure was measured at 3-way valve service port after operating the unit for 10 minutes.
The method of using graph
- Find outdoor temperature.
- Find indoor temperature onto the curve of outdoor temperature.
- Read suction pressure at the axis of ordinates.
The method of using equation
-. Calculate suction pressure after putting indoor and outdoor temperature into the equation.
(At operating the Unit for 10 minutes)
Indoor Temp. (˚C)
P = 3 + 0.0123 x Tout1.5 + 0.8 x Tin0.5
Where, P : Suction Pressure(kg/cm2.g)
Tout : Outdoor Temperature(˚C)
Tin : Indoor Temperature(˚C)
Operating Suction Pressure (For R410A)