34 Room Air ConditionerOperation
• While in compressor off, the indoor fan repeats low airflow speed and pause.
• While the intake air temp is between compressor on temp. and compressor off temp., 10-min dehu-
midification operation and 4-min compressor off repeat.
Compressor ON Temp. ➲Setting Temp+0.5°C
Compressor OFF Temp.➲Setting Temp-0.5°C
• In 10-min dehumidification operation, the indoor fan operates with the low airflow speed.■Heating Mode Operation
• When the intake air temp reaches +3°C above the setting temp, the compressor is turned off.
When reaches the setting temp, the compressor is turned on.
Compressor ON Temp. ➲Setting Temp.
Compressor OFF Temp.➲Setting Temp.+3°C
• While in compressor on, the indoor fan is off when the indoor pipe temp. is below 20°C, when
above 28°C , it operates with the low or setting airflow speed. When the indoor pipe temp is
between 20°C and 28°C, it operates with Super-Low(while in sleep mode, with the medium airflow
• While in compressor off, the indoor fan is off when the indoor pipe temp is below 33°C, when above
35°C , it operates with the low airflow speed.
• If overloaded while in heating mode operation, in order to prevent the compressor from OLP opera-
tion, the outdoor fan is turned on/off according to the indoor pipe temp.
• While in defrost control, both of the indoor and outdoor fans are turned off.■Defrost Control
• While in heating mode operation in order to protect the evaporator pipe of the outdoor unit from
freezing, reversed to cooling cycle to defrost the evaporator pipe of the outdoor unit.
• After 40 min heating mode operation, at 4 min interval, whether to carry out defrost control or not
and the time of defrost control are determined according to the following conditions.
1) While in heating mode operation, the maximum of the indoor pipe temperature is measured and it is
compared with the present indoor pipe temperature to get the difference of the indoor pipe temper-
atures (=the maximum temperature of indoor pipe ? the present temperature of indoor pipe),
according to which, whether to carry out defrost control or not is determined.
2) According to the need of defrost control shown above and the elapsed time of heating mode opera-
tion at that moment, the defrost control time is determined.
3) When the determined time of defrost control is below 7 min, heating mode operation continues
without carrying out defrost control. According to the procedure stated above, the determination is
made again. When the defrost control time is 7 min or longer, defrost control is then carried out.
• While in defrost control, the minimum temp of the indoor pipe is measured and it is compared with
the present temp of the indoor pipe to get the difference of the indoor pipe temperatures (=the pre-
sent temperature of the indoor pipe ? the minimum temperature of the indoor pipe). When the differ-
ence is 5°C or higher, defrost control is completed and heating mode operation is carried out.
• While in defrost control, if the defrost time determined before the start of defrost control is complet-
ed, defrost control stops and heating mode operation is carried out regardless of the above condi-
• When the indoor pipe temp is 42°C or above, defrost control is not carried out even if the condition is
one of the defrost conditions above.
• While in defrost control, the compressor is on and the indoor fan, the outdoor fan, and the 4 way
valve are off.