28 Room Air ConditionerForming The Piping
Form the piping by wrapping the connect-
ing portion of the indoor unit with insula-
tion material and secure it with two kinds
of vinyl tapes.
• If you want to connect an additional drain hose,
the end of the drain outlet should be routed
above the ground. Secure the drain hose appro-
In cases where the outdoor unit is
installed below the indoor unit perform the
• Tape the piping, drain hose and connecting
cable from down to up.
• Secure the tapped piping along the exterior wall
using saddle or equivalent.
Trap is required to prevent water
from entering into electrical parts.
Seal small openings
around pipings with a
gum type sealer.
In cases where the Outdoor unit is
installed above the Indoor unit perform
• Tape the piping and connecting cable from
down to up.
• Secure the taped piping along the exterior wall.
Form a trap to prevent water entering the room.
• Fix the piping onto the wall by saddle or equiva-
Seal a small opening
around the pipings
with gum type sealer.