Care and Replacement
ENGLISH - 41
JResetting the FILTER
1. Turn on the projector and display the FILTER
REMAINING in OPTION menu. Press the ENTER
button for 3 seconds and the confirmation screen
will be displayed.
2. Press I to select OK and press the ENTER
button to reset FILTER REMAINING to “0”. See
“FILTER REMAINING” on page 34.
JBefore replacing the Lamp unit
Switch off the MAIN POWER and disconnect the power plug from the wall outlet.
Make sure the Lamp unit and the surroundings are cooled enough.
Prepare a Phillips-head screwdriver.
Contact an Authorized Service Center to purchase a replacement Lamp unit (ET-LAF100).
When the projector is mounted in the ceiling, do not work directly under the projector or put your face closer
to the projector.
JWhen to replace the Lamp unit
The Lamp unit is consumable and the brightness decreases by duration of usage. The LAMP indicator will
inform you of the replacement timing at 2 800 hours, and at 3 000 hours, the projector will be turned off. Those
figures are rough guidance and might be shortened by the usage conditions, characteristics of the Lamp unit,
environmental conditions, and so on. You can check the duration of usage time using LAMP RUNTIME in the
RESET A REMAIN OF A FILETER.
FILTER REMAININGReplacing the Lamp unit
• Prior to replacing the lamp unit, allow it to cool down to prevent the risk of burns, damage and other hazards.
• Do not attempt replacement with an unauthorized lamp unit.
On screen LAMP indicator
Over 2 800 hours “REPLACE LAMP” is displayed on the
upper left of the screen for 30 seconds.
Over 3 000 hours
“REPLACE LAMP” is displayed on the
upper left of the screen, and it will stay until
To clear the screen, press any button.
• The guide times, 2 800 and 3 000 hours, are rough estimates based on certain conditions and is not a guaranteed time.
• For more information about the Lamp unit, such as guaranteed time, see the instructions which is provided with the