ENGLISHPrecautions with regard to safetyWARNING
If a problem occurs (such as no image) or if you notice smoke or a strange smell coming
from the projector, turn off the power and disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
• Do not continue to use the projector in such cases, otherwise fire or electric shocks could result.
• Check that no more smoke is coming out, and then contact an Authorized Service Centre for repairs.
• Do not attempt to repair the projector yourself, as this can be dangerous.
Do not install this projector in a place which is not strong enough to take the full weight
of the projector.
• If the installation location is not strong enough, it may fall down or tip over, and severe injury or damage could
• Installation work (such as ceiling suspension) should only be carried out by a qualified technician.
• If installation is not carried out correctly, there is the danger that injury or electric shocks may occur.
If foreign objects or water get inside the projector, or if the projector is dropped or the
cabinet is broken, turn off the power and disconnect the power cord from the wall outlet.
• Continued use of the projector in this condition may result in fire or electric shocks.
• Contact an Authorized Service Centre for repairs.
Do not cover the air filter, the air inlet and exhaust vents.
• Doing so may cause the projector to overheat, which can cause fire or damage to the projector.
Do not overload the wall outlet.
• If the power supply is overloaded (for example, by using too many adapters), overheating may occur and fire
Do not remove the cover or modify it in any way.
• High voltages which can cause fire or electric shocks are present inside the projector.
• For any inspection, adjustment and repair work, please contact an Authorized Service Centre.
Use only the power cord supplied with the projector.
• Use only the supplied cord with three-pin plug and insert it only into a wall outlet that is connected to earth.
Otherwise, electric shock could result.
Clean the power cord plug regularly to prevent it from becoming covered in dust.
• If dust builds up on the power cord plug, the resulting humidity can damage the insulation, which could result in
fire. Pull the power cord out from the wall outlet and wipe it with a dry cloth.
• If not using the projector for an extended period of time, pull the power cord plug out from the wall outlet.
Do not do anything that might damage the power cord or the power cord plug.
• Do not damage the power cord, make any modifications to it, place it near any hot objects, bend it excessively,
twist it, pull it, place heavy objects on top of it or wrap it into a bundle.
• If the power cord is used while damaged, electric shocks, short-circuits or fire may result.
• Ask an Authorized Service Centre to carry out any repairs to the power cord that might be necessary.
Do not handle the power cord plug with wet hands.
• Failure to observe this may result in electric shocks.
Insert the power cord plug securely into the wall outlet.
• If the plug is not inserted correctly, electric shocks or overheating could result.
• Do not use plugs which are damaged or wall outlets which are coming loose from the wall.
Do not place the projector on top of surfaces which are unstable.
• If the projector is placed on top of a surface which is sloped or unstable, it may fall down or tip over, and injury or
damage could result.
Do not place the projector into water or let it become wet.
• Failure to observe this may result in fire or electric shocks.
Do not disassemble the lamp unit.
• If the lamp section breaks, it may cause injury.
• The lamp unit has high internal pressure. If improperly handled, explosion might result.
• The lamp unit can easily become damaged if struck against hard objects or dropped, and injury or malfunctions