Installing your IP Phone 1210
32Attaching the foot stand (optional)
Attach the foot stand in the appropriate slots depending on the desired
angle for your IP Phone. If you insert the foot stand into the upper slots,
your IP Phone sits at a 25-degree angle. If you insert the foot stand into
the lower slots, your IP Phone sits at a 55-degree angle.
If you install your IP Phone on a wall, do not attach the foot stand.
1. Align the bottom tabs on the foot stand with the position 1 slots or the
position 2 slots on the back of your IP Phone.
In position 1 the IP Phone sits at a 25-degree angle.
In position 2 the IP Phone sits at a 55-degree angle.
Figure 3 on page 31 shows the slots on the back of the IP Phone.
2. Press the foot stand into the slots until it snaps into place.Connecting the handset
Use the following procedure to connect the handset to the IP Phone.
1. Plug the end of the handset cord with the short straight section into
2. Plug the other end of the handset cord with the long straight section
into the handset jack marked with the + symbol on the back of the IP
3. (Optional) Thread the cord through the channel in the foot stand (if
installed) so that it exits on the side of the foot stand.
Figure 3 on page 31 shows the connections on the back of the IP
Phone.Connecting the headset (optional)
If you have a headset, you can connect the headset to the IP Phone. For
information on how to use your headset with your IP Phone, see the IP
Phone 1200 Series User Guide (NN40010-302).