Remove the jammed paper.
Slide the tray back into the printer.
Open and close the top cover. Printing can be resumed.Tips for Avoiding Paper Jams
By selecting the correct paper types, most paper jams can be
avoided. If a paper jam occurs, follow the steps outlined in
“Clearing Paper Jams” on page 7.7.
• Follow the procedures in “Loading Paper” on page 2.6. Ensure
that the adjustable guides are positioned correctly.
• Do not overload the paper tray. Ensure that the paper is below
the paper limit mark on the inside wall of the tray.
• Do not remove the paper from the tray while printing.
• Flex, fan and straighten the paper before loading.
• Do not use creased, damp or highly curled paper.
• Do not mix paper types in the tray.
• Use only recommended print materials. See “Paper
Specifications” on page F.3.
• Ensure that the recommended print side is facing down when
loading paper in the tray and facing up in the Multi-Purpose