4Printing on Labels
Open the Multi-Purpose Tray and the rear output tray.
Load labels with the print side up. Adjust the guide to fit
the width of the labels.
• Only use labels recommended for laser printers.
• Verify that the labels’ adhesive material can tolerate fusing
temperature of 200°C (392°F) for 0.1 second.
• Make sure that there is no exposed adhesive material
between the labels. Exposed areas can cause labels to peel
off during printing, which can cause paper jams. Exposed
adhesive can also cause damage to printer components.
• Do not feed a sheet of label through the printer more than
once. The adhesive backing is designed for one pass through
• Do not use labels that are separating from the backing sheet
or are wrinkled, bubbled, or otherwise damaged.