Curl or wave
• Check the paper type and quality. Both high temperature and
humidity can cause paper curl. See “Paper Specifications” on
• Turn over the stack of paper in the tray. Also try rotating the
paper 180° in the tray.
• Try printing to the face up output slot.
Ensure that the paper is loaded properly.
• Check the paper type and quality. See “Paper Specifications”
on page F.3.
• Open the rear cover and try printing to the rear output tray
• Turn over the stack of paper in the paper tray. Also try
rotating the paper 180° in the tray.
Back of printouts
• The transfer roller may be dirty. “Cleaning the Inside” on
• Check for leaking toner. Clean the inside of the printer.
• The toner cartridge may not be installed properly. Remove
the cartridge and reinsert.
• The toner cartridge may be defective and need replacing.
Install a new toner cartridge.
• The printer may require repair. Contact a service