Handling Precautions

LCD Monitor

Although the LCD monitor is manufactured with very high precision technology with over 99.99% effective pixels, there might be a few dead pixels among the remaining 0.01% or less pixels. Dead pixels displaying only black or red, etc., are not a malfunction. They do not affect the images recorded.

If the LCD monitor is left on for a prolonged period, screen burn-in may occur where you see remnants of what was displayed. However, this is only temporarily and will disappear when the camera is left unused for a few days.


Cards are precision devices. Do not drop the card or subject it to vibration. Doing so could damage the images recorded on them.

Do not store or use the card near anything having a strong magnetic field such as a TV set, speakers, or magnet. Also avoid places prone to having static electricity. Otherwise, the images recorded on the card might be lost. Do not leave the card in direct sunlight or near a heat source. Doing so can warp the cards and make them unusable.

Do not spill any liquid onto the card.

Always store your cards in a case to protect the data stored on them.

Do not bend the card or subject it to any excessive force or physical shock. Do not store the card in hot, dusty, or humid locations.

Lens Electrical Contacts


After detaching the lens from the camera, attach the lens caps or put down the lens with the rear end up to avoid scratching the lens surface and electrical contacts.

Cautions During Prolonged Use

When you shoot continuously for a prolonged period or use Live View shooting for a long period, the camera may become hot. Although this is not a malfunction, holding the hot camera for a long period can cause slight skin burns.