•Before using the product, please ensure that you read the safety precautions described
below. Always ensure that the product is used correctly.
•The safety precautions noted on the following pages are intended to prevent injuries to
yourself and other persons, or damage to the equipment.
•Be sure to also check the guides included with any separately sold accessories you
Warning Denotes the possibility of serious injury or death.
•Do not trigger the flash in close proximity to people’s eyes.
Exposure to the intense light produced by the flash could damage eyesight. In particular,
remain at least one meter (39 inches) away from infants when using the flash.
•Store this equipment out of the reach of children and infants.
Strap: Putting the strap around a child’s neck could result in asphyxiation.
•Use only recommended power sources.
•Do not attempt to disassemble, alter or apply heat to the product.
•Avoid dropping or subjecting the product to severe impacts.
•To avoid the risk of injury, do not touch the interior of the product if it has been
dropped or otherwise damaged.
•Stop using the product immediately if it emits smoke, a strange smell, or
otherwise behaves abnormally.
•Do not use organic solvents such as alcohol, benzine, or thinner to clean the
•Do not let the product come into contact with water (e.g. sea water) or other
•Do not allow liquids or foreign objects to enter the camera.
This could result in electrical shock or fire.
If liquids or foreign objects come into contact with the camera interior, immediately turn
the camera power off and remove the battery.
If the battery charger becomes wet, unplug it from the outlet and consult your camera
distributor or a Canon Customer Support Help Desk.
•Use only the recommended battery.
•Do not place the battery near or in direct flame.
•Unplug the power cord periodically, and using a dry cloth, wipe away any dust
and dirt that has collected on the plug, the exterior of the power outlet, and the
•Do not handle the power cord with wet hands.
•Do not use the equipment in a manner that exceeds the rated capacity of the
electrical outlet or wiring accessories. Do not use if the power cord or plug are
damaged, or not fully plugged into the outlet.
•Do not allow dirt or metal objects (such as pins or keys) to contact the terminals
The battery may explode or leak, resulting in electrical shock or fire. This could cause
injury and damage the surroundings. In the event that a battery leaks and the battery acid
contacts eyes, mouth, skin or clothing, immediately flush with water.